Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Monday, July 4, 2016

Camp NaNoWriMo Day 4 - Independence Forever!

Hello everyone,


     Happy Independence Day! The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. Today it was not just American Independence Day, but also the 4th day of virtual summer camp with Camp NaNoWriMo. My toast for the 4th of July every year is "Independence Forever!" - the final Independence Day toast of John Adams, who died on the 4th of July, 1826, the same day as his friend, Thomas Jefferson.

    I've been working on The Tale of Halfdanur the Black, and I think it is coming along quite well. I finished the first draft of the Dofri episode I mentioned previously. It is much longer than I expected, and needs editing, but it is a good start. Currently, my word count is up to 3646 words.

     Meanwhile, the print version of The Saga of Asa Oathkeeper is off to a good start, and I'm very proud that my Channillo.com series Tales From Midhgardhur was runner up for Best Fantasy Series in the 2016 Channillo Awards. Tales From Midhgardhur will also form the basis of my 2nd book in print, which should be available around the end of August - Tales From Midhgardhur, Volume I. It will contain all the stories published on Channillo.com so far, as well as The Tale of Halfdanur the Black (which will not be on Channillo, but will be available for free from Amazon on Kindle).

Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd

No comments:

Post a Comment