Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Camp NaNoWriMo Day 2 - Giants In The Earth


Hello everyone,

     Well, my writing time is very short for the 2nd day of Camp NaNoWriMo (I've got a 2 year old toddling around my home, and I'm running a Pathfinder game in about an hour!), but I did a bit of work on The Tale of Halfdanur the Black. In particular, I've been working on adding an episode that was not in my original outline (it does not appear in the sources I originally used for research, but I found it in another saga, and I want to use it) - an episode in which the young Haraldur frees a giant named Dofri from imprisonment (the illustration above is of that scene in the Flateyjarbók). So I did some work on the giant today. My word count is currently at 1975 words (my goal is at least 10,500) - also, coincidentally, the year in which I was born! Anyway, I'm done with writing for today, and off to prepare for Pathfinder! 

Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd

No comments:

Post a Comment