Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Word Count Wednesday and a Knight's Tale (sort of)

Hello everyone,


     My days have been very full lately - caring for a two-year-old will do that to you! - and I have much less time to write, but I am still working on the next big thing! At the moment, that is my next story for Tales From Midhgardhur on Channillo, entitled "Knight of the Green Chapel." The story is a little different, set in Theiphalia, Gaunorria (roughly equivalent to Poitou, France in our world) and involves the legend of the Green Man. The picture above is of the Green Man of St. Abre in Poitou, France. Something like it features in the story! How, you ask? Well, you'll just have to read the story! I was hoping to have it out by the Ides of Sextilis (8/13/16), but it has been pretty slow going - it'll be out on Channillo by the end of August, for sure!

     Anyway, I have been making the effort to get back to my normal routine. I am back to participating in some weekly Twitter events when I am able(#2BitTues, #1LineWed, and #Thurds are usually my big ones). I am back to reading at my usual rate (I've got a pretty wide range of stuff I'm working on, too!). But I am struggling to make any kind of word count goals right now. Don't worry, though; I'll adjust!

     The official word count for "Knight of the Green Chapel" is currently 4216 words and counting. I'm going to see if I can add to that significantly before I go to bed tonight.

     I am so pleased to have more material out there for my fans! My debut novel, The Saga of Asa Oathkeeper: A Midhgardhur Fantasy has been around on Kindle for more than a year now, but I am very pleased to see it in paperback thanks to CreateSpace!

The other source of my work for fans up until now has been the Channillo series Tales From Midhgardhur; I love doing this series, but a lot of fans who are not Channillo subscribers have been waiting to read these stories for a while. So it made me very happy to finally be able to put out the book Tales From Midhgardhur, Volume I: More Midhgardhur Fantasy in both Kindle and paperback formats! 
This collection of stories includes my Camp NaNoWriMo 2016 winning project, The Tale of Halfdanur the Black, which is also available by itself on Kindle for just $0.99. 

     OK, that's it for tonight - I am off to try to add some word count to "Knight of the Green Chapel" before bedtime!

Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd

No comments:

Post a Comment