Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Word Count Wednesday and the Green Knight

Hello everyone,


     Time for a Word Count Wednesday update, and it's a good thing, too, because my latest WIP (that's "Work-In-Progress") is no longer in progress - it is now finished and set to post to Tales From Midhgardhur on Channillo tomorrow, on September 1st. I had intended for this story to be up around August 1st, so you could say I fell a little behind, but honestly, raising a two year old takes most of my time and energy these days. I have no regrets! So, look out for "Knight of the Green Chapel" on Channillo starting tomorrow, clocking in around 10,925 words (Yikes! That is actually bigger than "The Tale of Halfdanur the Black," which was my Camp NaNoWriMo project for 2016!).


      So, what is "Knight of the Green Chapel" about? Well, you'll have to read it to find out, but it came out of reading about Green Man images from medieval Europe (like the one above, a "disgorging" Green Man from the Chapel of Saint Abre in France, whose face seems to be vomiting forth vines and plant life), and my love of the Green Knight story (yes, I like the Middle English poem, and I do have Professor Tolkien's version somewhere, but you know what first got me into it? It was the cheesy 1984 Sean Connery movie, Sword of the Valiant: The Legend of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Yes, I was an 80s kid, and it formed a lot of my later tastes, sometimes in unusual and unexpected ways. So it combines some elements of the Green Man and the Green Knight and the Viking raids on Poitou and my world of Midhgardhur and . . . well, you'll see!


      Also in news from Midhgardhur Books, there is an upcoming giveaway of  "The Tale of Halfdanur the Black" that starts on September 10th (my birthday!) and runs through September 14th. If you don't already have that story (it does appear in the collection, Tales From Midhgardhur, Volume I, so if you have that book, you don't need this stand-alone), you can pick it up for FREE on your Kindle or Kindle App device between 9/10/16 - 9/14/16). Check it out if you don't have it yet!


     That's all for this time! Thanks for following my work!

Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd

No comments:

Post a Comment