Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Word Count Wednesday: I CAN drive 55 . . .

Hello everyone,

     Just a Word Count Wednesday update - my word count this week is 55 words! 55? Aye, 55! Now, you may think I'm slipping, and I could come up with excuses (e.g. our fostering license was finally approved, so we're suddenly quite busy around here!), but the fact is, I don't need an excuse - it was a challenge, you see! Trying to write a good Midhgardhur story with only 55 words. So, my next installment in Tales From Midhgardhur is slated for July 1st, and will be titled "Hjalti's First Holmganga." It is an exploration, in just 55 words, of the first time that Hjalti (a character well known to fans of The Saga of Asa Oathkeeper: A Midhgardhur Fantasy) fought a holmganga duel, back when he was just a young retainer to Jarl Ragnvaldur when Halfdanur the Black was king of Vestfold. The duel took place at Haugathing at some point during King Halfdanur's reign. Anyway, whittling the story down to just 55 words was quite a challenge, but I am rather pleased with the result. I hope you enjoy it!

     Before I sign off, I ought to mention that I am getting very excited about Camp NaNoWriMo starting July 1st! I am working on The Tale of Halfdanur the Black, which will constitute a sort of short prequel to The Saga of Asa Oathkeeper. I am also hoping to help raise funds to support NaNoWriMo - my fundraising page is HERE if you would like to sponsor me and help a good cause!

Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd

No comments:

Post a Comment