Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Word Count Wednesday - A Prequel and a Crown - More Asa Oathkeeper!

Queen Ragnhildur's Dream

Hello everyone!

     Well, it is Word Count Wednesday, so here are the updates:

     For everyone who loved The Saga of Asa Oathkeeper: A Midhgardhur Fantasy and asked for more of Asa, I'm actually working on TWO stories related to that novel at this time! One is a so-far-untitled prequel that I intend to offer for free on Kindle when its finished; Asa is not actually in the prequel (she is only five years old at the time the end of the prequel is set), but it is a return to that novel, in the sense that it sets up the background of the antagonist, Haraldur, telling the story of his father (Halfdanur Svarti) and mother (Ragnhildur Sigurdhardottir). Anyway, I finished the outline for this story yesterday, and the outline sits at 4373 words. I hope to make it a little longer than the typical story on Tales From Midhgardhur, perhaps a very short novella, by the time I finish it.

     The other piece is a short story for Tales From Midhgardhur on Channillo titled "Ingjaldur's Crown" - this story does feature Asa, Hrefna, and Hrafn, and is set at a time not long after the end of The Saga of Asa Oathkeeper. I haven't really started hacking away at this story yet; right now it sits at 1910 words. I had planned to release this one on 6/1/16, but I may not quite make it in time. The latest I want to push it would be 6/4/16, since I'm planning on doing some camping up in canyon country (northern Arizona and southern Utah), and I shan't have access to the Internet much there!

      I've been getting some great feedback on Twitter recently; if you're a fan and don't follow me there yet, I'm @Valerianus on Twitter. You can also follow my author page on Facebook and my author profile on Goodreads if you would like to help support my work!

Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd

No comments:

Post a Comment