Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - The Trade, The Mad King, and The Giants!

Hello everyone,


     Once again it is Word Count Wednesday! So, I finished one project for Tales From Midhgardhur on Channillo - "The Trade" - which weighs in at about 6280 words. It was a piece I've had rattling around in my head for a while, and finally had to come out. It is scheduled to post on Channillo on Friday, 6/23/17. I also started another piece, "Luck of the Lytlingar," which doesn't really have a word count yet - it's still in the sketching/outlining stage. About time one of the "Little People" of Midhgardhur gets to be in a story! These would be my May and June installments, and then I'm working on July before Camp NaNoWriMo gets here!



     I now have enough of the Tales for a Volume II, except that I liked the way the first volume ended with a novella ("The Tale of Halfdanur the Black" - also available as a Kindle novella!), and I wanted to do that again. I wasn't sure I had another story like that right now, but it turns out that I do - I've started work on "The Tale of Ingjaldur the Mad", which currently weighs in at about 2180 words. I'm hoping to hit at least 20,000 before I'm done, though that may be overly ambitious. Midhgardhur's "Ingjaldur the Mad" is based on our world's pyromaniac king, Ingjaldr hinn illráði, and is usually cited in my world as the reason why the Sviar have no king. Incidentally, Ingjaldur has appeared in the "Tales" before, in the story "Ingjaldur's Crown", which also features Asa Oathkeeper. 

     Speaking of whom, I should remind you that I already announced my Camo NaNoWriMo project for this July - a sequel (at last!) to The Saga of Asa Oathkeeper! The tentative title is "Asa Oathkeeper Among The Giants," and will feature a journey to Jotunheimur - the World of Giants! This project has no word count until July - then, hopefully, watch the word count soar! (Hopefully better than a leaf on the wind!)

     Lastly, I am still working on the final (?) edit of Ormsbani. I had been getting some great feedback from the Armadillo Authors' Workshop, but then I ran into some car trouble and had to stop going for a bit. Last Thursday I resumed my attendance, but accidentally left my work at home, so no new feedback or edits! How sad! But I do intend to go tomorrow, and I've already packed my pages. So if all goes well I'll be there - if you're an author in the Phoenix, Arizona area, by all means come on down to the Armadillo Grill down on Camelback on Thursdays from 7 - 9 PM and join us! 

     I think that's it for tonight!

Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd

No comments:

Post a Comment