Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Word Count Wednesday: The Trade, Ormsbani edits, and a Commitment Among The Giants

Hello everyone,



     Once again it is Word Count Wednesday! I just started on a new piece for Tales From Midhgardhur on Channillo entitled "The Trade." The current word count on that project is just under 2000 words.

    I have also committed to beginning work on a sequel to The Saga of Asa Oathkeeper for Camp NaNoWriMo in July. The working title is Asa Oathkeeper Among the Giants. Word count will remain at 0 until July 1st, when the NaNoWriMo madness will begin!

     I just finished integrating the last edits suggested by the Armadillo Authors' Workshop for the manuscript of Ormsbani. The editing of Ormbani is such a weird process - I cut huge, unnecessary chunks from the text, but then I add a paragraph here and there, and I think the balance often comes out about even. The current word count is 71,730. I haven't been able to attend the workshop for a few weeks due to major car trouble - and the final verdict is that my car would cost more to repair than the car itself is worth. But I'm hoping to get down there again tomorrow night. If you're an author in the Phoenix, Arizona area, feel free to join us at the Armadillo Grill down on Camelback. We're a friendly group!



     I'm also tinkering with a first draft of Tyrfingur, but that is in very early stages. It is still at a word count of 1730 or so.



     The latest installment of my "Appendix N Revisited" project posted yesterday, with a look at Thongor and the Wizard of Lemuria by Lin Carter. Check it out!


     Don't forget to join me on the Ides of July for a look at L. Sprague de Camp's Lest Darkness Fall!



Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd

No comments:

Post a Comment