Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - Romance and Angels of Death

Hello everyone,


     One again it is Word Count Wednesday! The main focus of the moment has got to be "In Search of Romance," which was slated to be my February story for Tales From Midhgardhur on Channillo. It started out as a short story, but ended up as a novelette, and would probably have grown into a novella if I had not put the brakes on it! Well, the first draft is finished, and it is in editing, slated to be published by the end of February for sure (hopefully a bit sooner!). The first draft weighs in at 12,120 words. Yikes!

     I also started my March story, "Angels of Death." It doesn't stand much of a chance of going up on Tales From Midhgardhur by March 1st, but I'm working on it. This one will have the evil Queen Gydha in it, if only as a minor character, so be on the lookout for this one! I just started it this morning, but it is up to 900 words. so that's something!

     In other news, I'm going to a Writing Workshop Meetup! Our first Meetup is tomorrow (Thursday the 23rd of February, 2017), so I have never met any of the other participants and have no idea what it will be like. But it will be the first such workshop I've ever attended, so I'm pretty excited about that! I'll be bringing the first few pages of Ormsbani with me (ah, Ormsbani, the eternal editing project!). Anyway, I'm hoping to start bringing the editing of Ormsbani to a close, so maybe this will help. If you're an author in the Phoenix, AZ, area, check it out - the Armadillo Authors' Workshop!

     Be on the lookout on the Ides of March for my next installment of Appendix N Revisited here on this blog, where I'll be talking about Leigh Brackett's Black Amazon of Mars! I can already tell you that the Ides of April will feature "Fredric Brown Revisited," and the Ides of May will see Edgar Rice Burroughs' "At the Earth's Core Revisited" . . . June should see me talking a bit about Lin Carter!



Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd

No comments:

Post a Comment