Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - Casting Bones, Seeking Romance, and Appendix N Revisted!

Hello everyone,



     Once again it is Word Count Wednesday! So, to update, the story intended for November, "Howl of the Ulfhedhnar," posted on Friday, January 27th, and the story that replaced the intended December story, "Remember!", posted on Saturday, January 28th. Those are both up on Tales From Midhgardhur on Channillo.

     I've been working on the story intended for January (trying to catch up, but didn't make it for today, which was my really optimistic goal) - that's "Casting the Bones," which is set a century or so earlier than most of my other stories, during the same period as my so-far-unpublished novel Ormsbani. In fact, some of the story is a reworking of some scenes from the novel, from a different perspective. The protagonist, Gripir, is a minor character in the novel. Anyway, I'll hopefully have that one done in less than a week. Current word count: around 3970.



     I have also started work on the story intended for February (i.e., for today, though obviously I'm more than a little behind, still). This one is called "In Search of Romance" (see? it's a Saint Valentine's Day/Lupercalia theme! Or is it?), which is set outside the Viking North of Midhgardhur, though there will be some Vikings in it. I can't say too much about that one right now, but the hope is to have it done by about halfway through February so I can devote the rest of the month to March 1st . . . Anyway, current word count: about 500. Yeah, much more to do on that one!

      I also have the second installment of "Appendix N Revisited" coming up on the Ides of February (the 13th). That'll be posted here, on this blog. This time I'll be looking at The Face in the Frost. I'm already working on the third installment for March, for which I'll be looking at Black Amazon of Mars. That series is proving to be a lot of fun to research and write.


      That's all for now!

Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd

No comments:

Post a Comment