Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Saturday, January 27, 2018

"Wolfsbane" Posting to Tales From Midhgardhur on Channillo on Monday 1/29/18

Hello everyone,



     "Wolfsbane," the next installment in my Channillo series Tales From Midhgardhur, will be posting on Monday, 1/29/18. I had intended for it to be posted by 1/15 at the latest, but this one was a bit tricky, and I wanted to get it right, so it took a little longer. It features a minor character returning: the daudh-gydhja ("death priestess," "Angel of Death") Ljufvina, the young apprentice of Valgerdhur who appeared in "Angels of Death" (posted on Channillo in April of 2017, also appearing in the collection Tales From Midhgardhur, Volume II). Ljufvina has existed as a character in my head for a while, since long before I came up with Valgerdhur for "Angels of Death," but I also knew I wasn't ready to tell her story until now. I described the story when I began working on it as "a Norse death priestess meets with Little Red Riding Hood and some traditional werewolf folktales, combined with some odd herb lore (did you know the Norse called wolfsbane Thorshjalmr, or 'Thor's helm'?) and some unique twists of my own." Check it out. I think you'll enjoy it!

Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd

No comments:

Post a Comment