Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - Howls and Remembering, and a 5-Star Review

Hello everyone,


     With the holiday on Monday, my sense of time is a bit distorted, and it does not seem possible that it is already Wednesday. Yet here it is - a quick Word Count Wednesday recap:

     "Howl of the Ulfhedhnar" is coming along. I wrote quite a bit for it that simply did not work; I had to delete it and start over on that part. I traced most of the problem I was having to a line of dialogue early on in the story and re-wrote that' now it seems to be flowing, if only I could find more time to devote to it (I've spent a lot of time running my toddler to appointments lately!). Current word count: 3389.

     "Remember!" is the replacement for the story originally intended for December; I've actually started work on it (during a period when I was really stuck on the now-deleted section of "Howl of the Ulfhedhnar"). This one is going to be very tricky, though - I think it will be easy to write and painful to revise. I actually want to re-read a short story that helped inspire me on this one before I write much more, and I haven't got very far with it, yet - current word count: 150.

     Both of those stories are intended for publication in Tales From Midhgardhur on Channillo. And then I really do need a January story, as well, and it will be February before you know it . . . I guess I had better get to work.

     The first published collection of the Tales, Tales From Midhgardhur, Volume I, just received another 5-star review yesterday, this one came from David Roach, author of the really fantastic "Marauder" series of Viking fantasy books! Such a review from a fellow author, especially one who concentrates on the same kind of fantasy that I do, really means a lot to me! Here is the text of the review:

5 STARS

Dark, Gritty, and Dazzling. A must read for all fans of Norse Myth.
Mr. Brodd will dazzle and ensnare you in his vivid and dark Norse tales. The cover of this book does not in any way do his collection of short stories justice. Mr. Brodd takes the world of Norse mythology and catapults you into the deepest and darkest realms of mystery. His depiction of Norse gods is second to none bringing every detail to such vivid life you forget where you are in the moment. I particularly enjoyed that he did not shy away from some of the grotesque and bloody truths of Norse myth that so may seem to wash over. His detailed knowledge of Norse mythology lends a great deal of credibility to his stories and Mr. Brodd adds his own artistic touches to bring you into his world. I am not normally a fan of short stories and I could easily see Mr. Brodd turning each of them into a full fledged book (which I hope he does); however I was captivated by each one and each story stirred my emotions in very different ways. I am looking forward to reading his next book.

Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd

No comments:

Post a Comment