Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Word Count Wednesday and Burning Spirits

Hello everyone,

      It has been a while since I update my author's blog, and I apologize for that, but all I can say is that I'm raising a toddler and a newborn, and my free time to do my writing has largely evaporated at the moment. It's just the way things are, and I have no regrets, except that I wish I could have all the amazing adventures in parenting that I am having and ALSO be able to do my writing . . .


      Anyway, I have been working for a while on a piece called "Burning Spirits" intended for Tales From Midhgardhur on Channillo. I had hoped to have it ready to publish by September 1st, but as I said, my children have to take priority, these days! At the current rate, it might be October 1st instead! The word count currently sits at 3187, but it needs a few more pages before the first draft is complete.

     "Burning Spirits" revolves around a single family, kin of Eirikur the Berserker, and the inherited anger issues and difficulties with alcohol against the backdrop of a remote farmstead in the wilderness on the northeastern border of Svialand. Much of the family's unusual lore actually derives from some equally unusual lore from my own Swedish family, stories of mysterious helpful household spirits, and supernatural agencies saving members of the family from external disasters, despite their own tendency to self-destruction and self-made disaster. Simply put, the stories of my own blood are woven through this one like veins and arteries. It's personal. So I want to polish it until I feel it is right. It'll be up on Channillo as soon as I'm convinced it tells the story I need it to tell.

Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd

No comments:

Post a Comment