Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Monday, July 27, 2020

Apocalypsis Lyndisfarnensis and Other Works Forthcoming

Hello everyone,


     It has been far too long since I published an update! Since my last update, I had my little kids (now 7 and almost 6) home for a summer, took a new teaching job, endured a hospitalization and long recovery, and survived a global pandemic (so far, anyway!) - so much going on, and so little of it writing! 

     So what changed today? Well, I give full credit to Ann Livi Andrews from SIA (Support Independent Authors), who e-mailed me today about SIA's latest short story contest. As you may know if you've been following my writing, I am a previous winner of an SIA short story contests (with the story "Remember!"); and the new contest. with the theme of Apocalypse (gee, thanks, 2020!) intersects neatly with an idea I had been kicking around for a story based on the Viking raid on Lindisfarne in 793 C.E. So I sat down and started pounding the keyboard, and a few hours later, the story I had been meaning to write emerged. 

     So for the first time in far too long, I have a new story up on Tales From Midhgardhur  on Channillo: "Apocalypsis Lyndisfarnensis" is a Midhgardhur take on the apocalypse that befell the priory of Lindisfarne in what was probably the summer of 793 C.E. (yes, the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle says January, but the leading theory is that Ian. was a mistake for Iun. (June). Not an apocalypse like zombies in a movie or TV show, or even like Covid-19 in real life, but the end of the world for those poor monks! So I hope you enjoy this first take on a Midhgardhur apocalypse. There may be others forthcoming (I may have other ideas kicking around, and there is no limit on entering the SIA contest!), but I am proud of this first entry!

     What else is coming? Well, expect to see another story relatively soon about Hrafn the runecaster, and I hope to get back to other stories planned but not written (like the Runestones of Rys stories).

Happy Reading! Skál!
Colin Anders Brodd

No comments:

Post a Comment