Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Word Count Wednesday Returns - With a Shipwreck!

Hello everyone,


     It has been a long time since my last Word Count Wednesday update because the computer on which I did all my writing died, and could not be revived. It took a while to save up to get a new computer and get back to work! So it is good to be back with a new word count!

     First, I'm pleased to announce that once again, Tales From Midhgardhur (my series of fantasy short stories published on Channillo) was nominated for the Channillo Awards! Last year, Tales From Midhgardhur was Runner-Up for both Best Short Stories Series and Best Fantasy Series in the 2018 Channillo Awards! I'm pleased that my award-winning fiction continues to be honored and recognized, even if this year it was just as runner-up!

     The current WIP (Work In Progress) on my plate is "The Gorgonades Shipwreck," inspired by the SIA (Support Indie Authors) Mythic March Short Story Contest. That means that the limitations are a minimum of 1000 words and a maximum of 2500 words; the current word count is 3524 words, so it'll have to be significantly edited if I'm going to enter it in the contest! The deadline is April 30th, so it should certainly be completed long before then!

     In related news, "The Gorgonades Shipwreck" should form the 10th story in my current collection, which hopefully means that a new book - Tales From Midhgardhur, Volume III - should be forthcoming early in 2019! Despite my enforced hiatus from writing, I had the majority of the next volume already written and formatted before the computer crash, and it was saved to the Cloud, so it survived the crash! 

Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd

No comments:

Post a Comment