Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - the Return!

Hello everyone,


     Well, as the season of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is upon us again, I am once again participating in the mad dash to write 50,000 words (minimum!) in 30 days. Although that does have me quite busy, I thought it would be a good time to bring back Word Count Wednesdays, since word count is kind of my life at the moment.

     If you follow me on social media, by now you probably know that my current NaNoWriMo project is a sequel to The Saga of Asa Oathkeeper which is tentatively titled Asa Oathkeeper Among the Giants. The story of Asa Oathkeeper was left unfinished at the end of the Saga, and many fans have asked about a sequel that reveals how her story continues or ends. I have not been in a place to tell that story until now, but I'm happy to say that it is finally happening.

Current Word Count: 26,899

     In other news: Tales From Midhgardhur did well in the 2017 Channillo Awards, taking runner-up for Best Fantasy Series for the second year in a row, and taking Best Short Stories Series for 2017! I am very proud and pleased that Tales From Midhgardhur continues to be award-winning fiction!

     Some news about forthcoming projects: Tales From Midhgardhur, Volume I and Tales From Midhgardhur, Volume II are making the jump to audiobook format! Working through ACX, I have contracts with audiobook producers for Audible versions of those books! Bridger Conklin of BCV Studios is producing an excellent version of Volume I; he brings a delightfully clear and up-beat reading to the stories, and in the words of my beloved wife Tanya, "he makes [my] words sing" - high praised indeed! Gary Miller-Youst brings a lovely baritone voice to Volume II, sounding perfect for the grim world of Midhgardhur and highlighting the rough edges and potential horrors of that world. I am very happy to be working with these talented audiobook producers, and look forward to those volumes being from audible in mid to late December - just in time for all your holiday shopping needs, I hope!

     Finally, a hint at an upcoming project - I cannot say much now, but I have been asked to participate in a project involving some Appendix N-style swords & sorcery, and have sketched out plans for a new series of stories for that project. If the project does not go forward, I'll probably write the series anyway; I'm too excited about the ideas I have to allow the stories to fade away unwritten! I shan't know more until sometime in December, after NaNoWriMo is over and I have a chance to breathe again . . .

Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd
November 15th, 2017
Villa Picena, Phoenix, AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment