Midhgardhur

Midhgardhur
Midhgardhur: The Fantasy World of Colin Anders Brodd

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - International Women's Day, Speaking Protagonists, and More!

Hello everyone, and Happy International Women's Day!


     Once again it is Word Count Wednesday. My current project for Tales From Midhgardhur on Channillo is called "Angels of Death" and it is coming along slowly (2 year old has been very sick and 4 year old had a bout of illness, plus life in general, have conspired to keep me away from my work). It currently weighs in at about 2090 words, which I figure is about halfway done, but it remains to be seen whether or not I shall actually make my goal of publishing it online by the Ides of March (the 15th). I'm really kind of excited, though, because the evil Queen Gydha will be in this one, and I have not had a chance to visit her in the Tales for a long time!

     In other news, today is International Women's Day. I decided to celebrate by making The Saga of Asa Oathkeeper free on Amazon Kindle (the reason why this is related will be obvious if you've read The Saga of Asa Oathkeeper, I think!). From March 9th to March 13th, 2017, you can get it FREE on Kindle!


     On March 10th, 2017, Asa Ragnvaldardottir herself is scheduled to be interviewed for The Protagonist Speaks. Check out the interview! I'll try to post a direct link when it becomes available!

     My next "Appendix N Revisited" article goes live on this blog on the Ides of March (March 15th, 2017). In this one I shall be talking about Leigh Brackett's Black Amazon of Mars. The next one after that (due on the Ides of April - April 13th, 2017) is a look at the short stories of Fredric Brown. Check it out!

     Finally, I am continuing what I hope will be my final revision of Ormsbani with the Armadillo Authors' Workshop. I'm hoping I can post a little about the process on this blog in the near future. The Armadillo Authors' Workshop meets at the Armadillo Grill on Camelback Rd. in Phoenix, Arizona every Thursday night from 7-9 PM. Come join us if you're a writer in the area! It's a really great and talented group of authors!


Happy Reading! Skál!
~ Colin Anders Brodd


   

No comments:

Post a Comment